Tantalizing Chai Tea Bread
With this recipe, we excitedly begin what we hope will become a large library of recipe ideas for you!
This is such a lovely cake that we like to enjoy when it's cold and rainy outside, so... many days of the year if you live in the great Rain City! It's a great cake to have around for unexpected visits or just when you have a lovely cup of tea as you unwind from tiring days.
When you make it please do share with us on social media! (@raincitytea on Facebook and Instagram) Stay connected and let us know what you think. We are happy to share additional tips, make edits. We want to bring to you great recipes and your input is very valuable to us.
- 100 millilitres of milk
- 220 millilitres of brewed Main St. Chai (with one pyramid tea bag you can have a very large mug, so you can have a cup of tea and enough to make this recipe too, you can also get the tea in loose leaf format)
- 250 grams of flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod scraped (or 1tsp vanilla extract)
200 grams of sugar
150 grams of butter
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon,
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- Sift the flour and mix it with the cinnamon, the ground cardamom and the yeast.
- In a separate bowl, beat and mix the eggs and egg yolks with the sugar and add the vanilla. Once mixed, add the milk, the Main St. Chai and the melted butter.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Beat until you have a homogeneous, fine and lump-free mix.
- Grease and flour your baking pan of choice, a pretty deep “flowery” one looks very good! Fill it with the mix and bake for 60 minutes
You must take into account that if you use a low wall mould (like a cake pan), or distribute the dough in small individual moulds (like a muffin tray), the baking time is greatly reduced, so the best way to check if your cake is ready or not, is to open the oven from time to time (after at least 30min of baking) and make checks by pricking the center of the cake with a toothpick if we see that it comes out clean is that the cake is ready if not then your cake needs more time.
Serve and enjoy with a cup of hot Main ST. Chai Tea!