16 Fun Tea Facts!
- After water, tea is the most consumed drink in the world.
- In the Middle East, tea has been drunk for more than 5,000 years.
- According to historical records, it was the Emperor Augustus of China, Shennong, who discovered the tea leaf when some dried flowers carried him fell into boiling water.
- Three-quarters of the tea consumed in the world is produced by 5 countries: China, India, Kenya, Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
- All teas have in common the same plant: Camellia Sinensis.
- More than three million cups of tea are drunk daily in the world.
- Ireland is the country that drinks more tea per capita, the United Kingdom is the second.
- It is the national drink of Afghanistan.
9. There are more than 20,000 pure tea varieties, by pure we mean they are not mixed with any other element.
- The English are not producers, however, they brought tea to the world by marketing it very successfully.
- In 1904 tea bags were invented; some tea connoisseurs consider them the worst invention the tea world!
- Tea helps take away your appetite.
- It also helps regulate cholesterol.
- A daily cup of tea will keep the dentist away because it helps fight cavities.
- Drinking tea helps to improve the immune system.
- A cup of tea contains the same amount of antioxidants as 10 glasses of juice.